Welcome to Bikram Yoga!
A challenging but very rewarding class awaits you!
What you need to know:
- Please make sure you are well hydrated throughout the day (drink as much water as you can) and do not eat for at least 2-3 hours prior to class.
- If you are a first time student please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to class for orientation. A waiver-release form must be read and signed before admittance.
- All other students please be on time by arriving at least 10 minutes early to register. Classes start promptly and latecomers will not be admitted once class has commenced.
- Please bring a mat and towel to be placed on top and water (no glass please). No other belongings to be brought into the yoga room. Barefoot only please.
- Newcomers are advised to find a spot towards the middle or rear of the room as you will be able to follow other students if necessary.
- Once in the yoga room, use the time prior to class to relax and adjust to the heat.
Classes are 90 minutes long. Please make every effort to stay in the room until the end of class. You may sit or lie down if you need to. Please only leave the room if absolutely necessary and do so quietly, so as not to disturb others. You will benefit more by staying in the room as you will soon adjust to the heat.
- Savasana at the end of class is as beneficial as all the other postures. Aim to stay at least a few minutes to allow the yoga to integrate and you will receive greater benefits. Enjoy the peace you have gained and please leave quietly when you are ready.
- Smile and come back next time!
I look forward to seeing you soon!