When you attend a Bikram class for the first time it can feel a bit daunting! You’ve heard through the grapevine that it is a real workout, apparently it’s hot, you worry about being the new kid on the block, what if everyone is going to look at you – OMG there are mirrors????!!!! and so it goes on….
Well let me assure you there is nothing to fear – everyone has to start somewhere and it might as well be now! This yoga class is for you – no one else matters – only you! It is a personal journey and a very rewarding one at that.
Your first class may feel a bit of a blur – there’s a lot going on – “I have to do what???, What on earth is that teacher rabitting on about? Oh at least I can drink some water now! Oh – halfway through and I get to lie down – Phew! Ooh – it’s over and I feel really relaxed and I’m sure I’ll sleep well tonight!”
Take it easy on your first class – just get used to this new environment. The dialogue from the teacher will probably sound like a load of old gobbledly gook to you (some say a rap!) – that’s VERY normal – you will hear and understand a lot more once you’ve got your first class under your belt! Don’t forget you can lie down at any time if you need to – it’s your choice!
- Arrive at least 15 mins before class to register and relax
- Drink plenty of water through out the day
- Don’t eat for at least 2-3 hours before
- Bring a mat and a towel to put on top – and another if you wish to shower onsite
- Bring water with you in a plastic container (no glass)
- Wear clothes you can stretch in – you will sweat so light and fitting gear is more comfortable
- Go easy on yourself and smile!
See you in class!